First off, we’d like to thank and welcome our new members. Feel free to introduce yourself to those who you see enjoying the club. If you have any questions, by all means ask. If you have any suggestions, we’d like to hear them.
Second, please refer to our newly updated website www.LeeCountyArchers.com for current information about the club and its many activities.
As for our latest news… Five Lee County Archers WON BIG at the recent Easton Newberry Archery Center.
On July 29, 2023, the Easton Newberry Archery Center in Newbury, FL, hosted its inaugural 72-arrow World Archery “Outdoor 720 Championship” event in various categories. Five of our very own Lee County Archers emerged as indisputable champions!
The event saw archers compete in challenging categories like Barebow (Recurve), Compound, Compound Fingers, Longbow, Recurve, and Traditional Recurve. It was a momentous day filled with tension, anticipation, and moments of pure elation as our talented archers showcased their prowess on the grand stage.
Five exceptional archers from Lee County Archers secured first-place victories, etching their names in the record books, and garnering the admiration of fellow competitors and spectators alike. Let’s meet these outstanding archers:
Pictured below left to right: Butch Nichols: Master 60 class. Tim Gross: Master 50 class. Tim Walker: Master 60 class. John Lackey: Master 70 class. Rick Dubrueler: Master 60 class.
With bows drawn, Butch, Tim G., Tim W., John, and Rick showcased unmatched precision and accuracy, setting state records in their respective classes. Their remarkable achievements have brought immense pride to the Lee County Archers club and placed them firmly on the archery map.
Lee County Archers is renowned for its supportive and nurturing environment, where camaraderie and sportsmanship are highly valued. The success of Butch, Tim G., Tim W., John, and Rick is a testament to the club’s commitment to fostering archery talent in the region.
The Easton Newberry Archery Center’s first-ever “Outdoor 720 Championship” event has set the bar high for future competitions, and the Lee County Archers have undoubtedly left their mark. As their victory resonates far beyond the archery community, we celebrate their accomplishments and eagerly anticipate the bright future that lies ahead for these archery stars.
Congratulations once again to Butch, Tim G., Tim W., John, and Rick for their extraordinary achievements! We extend our gratitude to the Easton Newberry Archery Center for hosting this exceptional event and look forward to seeing more success stories from Lee County Archers in the days to come.
- Thursdays and Saturdays: Open to the public (10:00 am to 2:00 pm) For beginners introduction to archery contact Ben Brown Email email@example.com Phone 239-826-2017.
- 1st Sunday Every Month: NFAA 900. Starts at 9:00 am at the Pavilion by the front gate. Entry fee $5.
- 2nd Sunday Every Month: Joe’s Fun Shoot. Registration starts at 8:00 am. The shoot starts at 9:00 am. Entry fee $5 (Includes Lunch)
- 3rd Sunday Every Month: Mike’s 3D Club Shoot. Registration starts at 8:00 am. The shoot starts at 9:00 am. Entry fee $15 (Includes lunch.)
- Starting August 16, 2023 (For 5 weeks) NEW Animal/spot league. Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am. 4 arrow ends for a total of 60 arrows. Best 4 of 5 weeks. Entry fee $20.00for the 5 weeks. Open to the public.
Don’t forget if you have not renewed your membership, this is the time. You can bring your renewal form with check or cash to the range or mail to: Lee County Archers, Inc., PO Box 1437, Lehigh Acres, FL 33970.